Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture 1998
Thesis title: "Tourism and Conservation; An Approach to Urban Development"
Master of Science in Architecture 1993
Thesis title: "Scientific and Technical Developments in Modern Architecture, Building Techniques in
Bachelor of Science in Architecture 1987
- Associate Professor, Department of Architecture,
- Preparation of academic materials for lectures and practical sessions,
- Initiation and development of subject & course materials,
- Participating in architectural design juries,
- Contribute to the improvement and continuous outcomes assessment of program,
- Establish innovative research relevant to the research goals of the department,
- Advise and mentor undergraduates students
- Supervisor for several Ph.D. and M.Sc Thesis
- Teaching/co-teaching for the following courses in undergraduate program:
o Building construction I
o Working drawings II
o Architectural design II, III
o Landscape architecture
- Teaching/co-teaching for the following courses in graduate program:
o Design philosophy and environmental studies
o Landscape architecture
- Member of Computer and Information Technology committee, Faculty of Engineering, Menofeya University, 2000,2001, 2005, 2006.
- Member of Laboratory and Educational Supporting Facilities committee, Faculty of Engineering, Menofeya University, 2002-2003/2003-2004.
- Member of External Relations committee, Faculty of Engineering, Menofeya University, 2004-2005
- Member of the Department of Architecture Administration Board, Menofeya University, 1998/1999-2003/2004, 2004/2005, 2005/2006, 2006/2007.
- Consultant, The
- Project Coordinator for Mediterranean Voices project; a Euro-Med Heritage II program funded by the European Union, 2004-2006 (www.med-voices.org).
- Committee member responsible for organizing the Bibliotheca Alexandrina architectural competition titled "Development of the
- Co-organized the “Med Cities, dialogue among culture” conference, forum, and exhibition, a project funded by the World Bank, 2004-2005.
- Participation, in cooperation with Alexandria Governorate and The World Bank, in the conception and of
- Alexandria Metamorphosis architectural design team-member. A project exhibited in the 9th International Biennale of Architecture, Cities on Water Section,
- Conducted research for Ramses II, a research project funded by the EU, September 2006.
- Participated in the conception, development and realizing of Alexandria Cultural Routes, covering the cultural, social, historical aspects of
- Participated in several EU funded projects within the Euromed Heritage II program, Medvoices, Ramses2 and Strabon.
- Prepared proposals for participating in EU funded projects as Archi-Med, Medpact.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Architecture,
- Teaching/co-teaching for the following courses:
o Building Construction I – II - III
o Architectural Design II
- Associate Professor,
- Assistant Professor,
- Teaching Assistant,
- Adjunct Instructor,
TRTRAINING COURSES & WORKSHOPSAttended the following short-courses and training workshops:
Methods of Teaching, a training course at Faculty of Education,
New Tools and Techniques for Planning and Conservation and Rehabilitation of Urban Heritage and Historical Sites, a training program at the Urban Training & Studies Institute,
Harbor Cities, a workshop organized by Goethe Institute and the Swedish Institute,
Basics of Management, series of lectures and training course organized by Bibliotheca Alexandrina, December 2004.
Communication for Development, a training course organized by Regional Management Support Unit, (RMSU), Euro Med Heritage Foundation, sponsored by the EU, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, February 2005.
Project Management, a training course organized by Regional Management Support Unit, (RMSU), Euro Med Heritage Foundation, sponsored by the EU, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, April 2005.
Project Design, a training course organized by Regional Management Support Unit, (RMSU), Euro Med Heritage Foundation, sponsored by the EU, Bibliotheca Alexandrina, May 2005.
Cultural Heritage Focus Group in selected Mediterranean Countries, organized by the Regional Management Support Unit of the Euromed heritage programme,
Technology in Teaching, Faculty and Leaders Developing Program,
Teaching Evaluation, Faculty and Leaders Developing Program,
Communication Skills, Faculty and Leaders Developing Program,
Preparation of a Research Project, Faculty and Leaders Developing Program,
Cosmopolitan Alexandria, What Future for its Heritage?, Workshop organized by Facalota di Architettura Civile Politecninco di Milano, Alexandria University and Bibliotheca Alexandrina, 11-25 November 2007, Alexandria Egypt.
Sustainable Architecture + Urban Design – Module I: Basic Concepts of Sustainability, organized by InWEnt, Capacity Building International, Germany and German Technical Cooperation GTZ, on behalf of the Egyptian-German High Level Joint Committee (HLJC), in cooperation with Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt from 28th November to 1st of December.
- Team-member of a consultancy professional group for The Preparation of Urban Plans for Egyptian Villages’ Pilot Project, a research project sponsored by The Ministry of Housing, Infrastructure and Urban Settlements, 2003.
-Team-member of a consultancy professional group for The Preparation of Urban Plans for Egyptian Villages’ Strategic Project, a research project sponsored by The Ministry of Housing, Infrastructure and Urban Settlements, 2006.
- Member of several committees accepting and inspecting final construction work and handing over buildings to clients.
- Assistant Commissioner for The Egyptian Architectural Exhibition, in The 10th Biennale of Architecture, Venice, 2006. learn more....
- Certified Consultant at the General Authority for Urban and Regional Planning, September 2005.
- National representative, The International Committee For The Conservation Of The Industrial Heritage. (TICCIH). learn more....